Arlo Security System is one of the best security cameras that you will find in the market. There are many reasons for Arlo being one of the best Security Camera providers in the market. It dedicatedly works on upgrading the security of your home, thus making your life easy and stress-free.
The Security cameras of Arlo are part of their premium camera units. These cameras provide impeccable surveillance. Additionally, the Arlo security cameras do High-definition (HD) video recording as they have been designed using cutting-edge technology along with best-in-class components.
The other attractive features of Arlo security cameras are live video streaming, 2-way audio, cloud recording with alerts, and many other features. Plus, these cameras provide great video and camera quality both on dark nights and on bright sunny days. Thus you must install these cameras in your home and offices so that you can keep a close vigilance and ensure your security.
Now let’s see some of the most brilliant products launched by Arlo and how you can use these products.
About Arlo Pro 2 Camera
The Arlo Pro 2 Camera is one of the most famous products of Arlo. They are commonly used by the majority of Arlo Products users.
The major great feature about Arlo Pro 2 Add-on cameras is that they can be synced and used with the Arlo base station, along with all the Arlo Pro 2 camera features such as rechargeable batteries, AC power use, 2-way audio, and advanced motion detection.
One of the most attractive features of this product is- Arlo pro 2 indoor/outdoor 1080p wi-fi wire-free security camera with audio doorbell.
Setup Arlo Pro 2 Camera
You can use the information given in this section for setting up the Arlo Pro 2 cameras, Arlo Pro Cameras with Arlo Pro 2 base station, Arlo base stations, and Arlo Pro base stations.
But you must sync one camera at a time to sync them properly.
Now go through the following steps to set up and sync the Arlo Pro 2 cameras:
- So firstly, you need to open the battery compartment of the camera. To do so, gently press the latch and then pull it back.
- Now put the battery inside and close the battery door back.
- Then get the camera close to your base station. The camera should be in the range of 1-3 feet or 30-100 cm of the base station.
- Next, you need to sync the camera with the base station. Use the following steps to sync the cameras:
- So to sync the Arlo base station, press and hold the Sync button of the base station for two seconds and then release it. You will find the Sync button on the side panel of the base station.
- But in case you press the Sync button for too long, you’ll see the USB’s LED light amber. And if it is blinking amber, it means the sync process has been blocked.
- And in case you are using the Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 base station, press and hold its Sync button for at least 2 seconds. You’ll find its base station on the upper panel.
- After releasing the Sync button, wait till the Sync status LED starts blinking green.
- Now press and hold the Sync button of the Arlo camera for about two seconds. You will find its Sync button placed on its upper panel. When you see the LED of the camera blinking blue, it confirms that the camera is synced. But if the LED blinks amber, it indicates that the camera is not synced properly. Thus you have to repeat the syncing process.
- Next, confirm the base station’s camera LED. If you see the base station’s camera LED tuned solid green means the sync is successful.
- Now repeat all these steps to sync more cameras with the base station. Make sure the sync process completes in 60 seconds. And if it does not, you need to press the button placed at the top of the base station and then repeat the process.
How to install and Set up Arlo pro 3 camera
You have to use the Arlo app to install and set up the Arlo Pro 3 camera. Do the following to use the Arlo app for Arlo pro 3 camera setup:
- Foremost, you need to create an Arlo account. You can use the same account that you are using to set up your other Arlo devices.
- Next, you need to connect the SmartHub with the internet and add it to your account.
- And lastly, you have to add each Arlo Pro 3 camera and pair it with your SmartHub.
After setting up the Arlo account, you can control your Arlo devices through the Arlo app using any smartphone, tablet, or computer device. In case you are using your computer to operate the Arlo devices, you need to search for https://my.arlo.com/#/login in your browser’s search bar to do so.
The Arlo app will enable you to view your camera feed, create schedules for your camera, customize the camera alerts and notifications, and many more.
How you can log in to My Arlo Login Account
It is essential to register for the Arlo account after setting up the Arlo base station and Arlo camera so you can efficiently run the Arlo devices.
When you connect your Arlo devices to your My Arlo account, it enables you to see the recording of your security cameras on your mobile or computer using the internet. You need to download the Arlo app to register for the My Arlo Account. But do not worry. The app is compatible and can be downloaded on both Android and iOS devices.
Now let’s see the steps you need to follow for registering for Arlo account so that you can sign in to the Arlo app:
- So firstly, open the web browser of your smartphone or computer and look for URL https://my.arlo.com/#/login in the search bar.
- Then fill in your Netgear Arlo Login details in the respective sections.
- Now on the landing page, select the option New System Setup. After selecting this option, you need to enter your Arlo Camera Login details in the respective sections. And then hit the Continue button.
- Next, you need to specify the serial number of your Arlo Base Station using the drop-down menu. And then again, hit the Continue button.
- You may also have to specify the time zone that you are living in. And you again have to use the Menu bar to specify the time zone. Then hit the continue button.
- And lastly, you need to specify the service plan that you find convenient. Once you opt for the service plan, the Arlo account registration process is complete. Now you can easily log in to your account using the Arlo Login page to keep an eye on your home and office.
Most Common FAQs
The following are the most common frequently asked questions regarding the Arlo Security Cameras.
I am unable to sync my Arlo Netgear Camera with my Arlo Base Station
You can try the following troubleshooting if you are not able to sync your Arlo Netgear Camera with the Base Station:
- Firstly, bring both the Arlo Camera system and Base Station close to each other. Sometimes these devices don’t connect when kept apart due to several interruptions.
- And you also have to press the Sync button for the correct duration of time. You will find the base station’s Sync button on its side panel. And you have to press this one for a few seconds and then release it. However, don’t press it for too long. It can cause the LED to blink amber, which can further block the syncing process.
- Now you have to wait till the LED becomes green.
- Press and hold the Camera’s Sync button for a few seconds.
- Thus you will see the Camera’s LED blinking blue. It confirms that the devices are syncing. But if the LED blinks blue, it means that the syncing process has been unsuccessful. Therefore you have to repeat the process.
- You’ll see a solid green LED light on both the camera and the base station at the end of the process. This confirms that the devices are successfully synced.
How can I check the Battery status of my Arlo Camera?
You must frequently check the battery status of your cameras, as they won’t work with batteries low on power. Use the following steps to check the battery status of your Arlo cameras:
- So firstly, you need to open the my.Arlo.com webpage and do the Arlo login into your Arlo account.
- Once you land on the homepage of your account, open the Menu bar and select the Device Settings option.
- The battery status of your Arlo cameras will appear on the Device Settings page.
How can I check the status of Arlo Base Station?
The Arlo cameras will only work if the Arlo Base Station works. So you have to keep checking its status. Use the following steps to check the status of your base station:
- So first, search for my.arlo.com in the search bar of your web browser. You can use the Arlo app to do so. Then you need to enter your Arlo login details for Arlo Pro login.
- Now open the Settings tab of the web page, and select the My Devices option.
- Lastly, you need to specify your Arlo Base Station from the list of devices. And then, you can see the device’s status from the device settings.
Can I restore the ‘Offline Arlo Base Station’?
Knowing the Status of the Arlo Base station is very easy. For example, if you see a solid green internet LED light on your Arlo Base Station, it means it is online and connected to the internet. But if the Internet LED is amber, it means the base station is offline and disconnected from the internet.
However, if your base station is offline, you can use the following steps to resolve this issue:
- So foremost, you need to make sure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected at the back panel of both the router and base station.
- Also, the base station should be properly connected to the power outlet.
- Try to connect any of your smart devices to the router directly to check if there is not a fault with the router.
- You can power cycle the base station. To do so, disconnect all the base stations wires and then connect them back after a few minutes. Now give the base station a few minutes to start.
- If the issue still doesn’t resolve, then try enabling the DHCP. It also ensures that the router’s DHCP delivers an IP address to the base station.
- Verify the security settings of your router, along with its firmware version. The Firmware of the router should be up to date.
- Lastly, if the issue is still not being resolved, you need to factory reset the base station. You will find the Reset button at the back of the base station, which you need to press and hold for 7-10 seconds to reset the base station. This way, the base station’s LED will flash amber for a few minutes. Then the base station will reboot itself and reset to its default settings. Once the router is reset, you need to visit the www.arlo.com login page and sign in to your account.
How can I contact Arlo Support?
You can get in contact with the Arlo Tech support team by visiting the following pages:
You will find several options here to get tech support, like chat, support articles, Arlo community, etc.
The other option to get tech support is through the Arlo App. You can download the app on both Android and iOS devices through their app stores.
You can also visit the Arlo Community page https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart-Home-Security/ct-p/Arlo?_ga=2.55484587.1808121880.1633491871-1392466978.1633491871. Here, you will find the answers for the majority of your concerns regarding the Arlo products.
There are also Arlo’s social media handles, where you can find the tech support: